Sunday, March 30, 2008
Stalking me
Every weekday morning, I'm the first one downstairs. I always looked for Thomas as I came down the stairs -- she was the shadow behind the couch. As I passed the couch I'd hear her as she hopped to the end closest to me, still hiding from me. As soon as I crossed the room, I'd hear her scamper across the room to the area behind her cage. Then she'd zip into the dining room behind the wooden box. She'd wait. I'd turn on the kitchen light and fill the coffee pot. Then I'd turn and see her at the corner of the dining room rug, waiting. Just a black shadow, waiting. I'd cut bits of banana for her and go to her. "Good morning, Thomas". Her front paws would scrabble on the wood floor, trying to get a grip. Then she'd sit up, and gently take the banana slice in her mouth, sit, and let me pet her while she devoured the banana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment